ITRS GROUP LTD ("WE") ARE COMMITTED TO PROTECTING AND RESPECTING YOUR PRIVACY.
Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
The data controller of your information is ITRS Group Ltd of 15 Bonhill Street, London, EC2A 4DN.
INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT FROM YOU
We may collect and process the following data about you:
Information that you provide automatically
Certain parts of our site may ask you to provide personal information voluntarily, for example:
- Information that you provide by filling in form on our sites www.itrsgroup.com, resources.itrsgroup.com, docs.itrsgroup.com, training.itrsgroup.com and support.itrsgroup.com (our sites). This includes information provided at the time of registering to use the client login area on our site, subscribing to our service, posting material or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our site.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
- Details of transactions you carry out through our site and of the fulfilment of your orders.
The personal information that you are asked to provide, and the reasons why you are asked to provide it, will be made clear to you at the point we ask you to provide your personal information.
Information that we collect automatically
When you visit our site, we may collect certain information automatically from your device. In some countries, including countries in the European Economic Area, this information may be considered personal information under applicable data protection laws.
Specifically, the information we collect automatically may include information like your IP address, device type, unique device identification numbers, browser-type, broad geographic location (e.g. country or city-level location), web-logs and other technical information. We may also collect information about how your device has interacted with our site, including the pages accessed and links clicked.
Collecting this information enables us to better understand the visitors who come to our site, where they come from, and what content on our site is of interest to them. We use this information for our internal analytics purposes and to improve the quality and relevance of our site to our visitors.
Some of this information may be collected using cookies and similar tracking technology, as explained further under the heading Cookies and other tracking technologies below.
COOKIES AND OTHER TRACKING TECHNOLOGIES
OPTING OUT OF MARKETING & TRACKING
If you wish to opt out of marketing emails, please contact us either by email at email@example.com or using the contact details below Contact Us, clearly stating which particular emails/calls you wish to opt out of or whether you wish to opt out generally of all marketing contact from ITRS. If you wish to opt-out of optional cookies and tracking, please click on the “Shield” icon at the bottom right-hand corner of this page to set your cookie preferences.
USES MADE OF THE INFORMATION
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
- To notify you about changes to our service.
- We may also use your data, or permit selected third parties to use your data, to provide you with information about goods and services which may be of interest to you and we or they may contact you about these by post or telephone. If you wish to opt out of any contact in respect of marketing, please refer to the section here which explains how to amend your marketing preferences.
- We do not disclose information about identifiable individuals to our advertisers, but we may provide them with aggregate information about our users (for example, we may inform them that 500 men aged under 30 have clicked on their advertisement on any given day). We may also use such aggregate information to help advertisers reach the kind of audience they want to target (for example, women in SW1). We may make use of the personal data we have collected from you to enable us to comply with our advertisers` wishes by displaying their advertisement to that target audience.
Our website may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
LEGAL BASIS FOR PROCESSING PERSONAL INFORMATION
Our legal basis for collecting and using the personal information described above will depend on the personal information concerned and the specific context in which we collect it.
However, we will normally collect personal information from you only (i) where we need the personal information to perform a contract with you, (ii) where the processing is in our legitimate interests and not overridden by your rights, or (iii) where we have your consent to do so. In some cases, we may also have a legal obligation to collect personal information from you or may otherwise need the personal information to protect your vital interests or those of another person.
If we ask you to provide personal information to comply with a legal requirement or to perform a contact with you, we will make this clear at the relevant time and advise you whether the provision of your personal information is mandatory or not (as well as of the possible consequences if you do not provide your personal information).
If we collect and use your personal information in reliance on our legitimate interests (or those of any third party), our legitimate interests will normally include operating our platform and communicating with you as necessary to provide our services to you (such as responding to your queries), and to improve our platform, undertake marketing, or for the purposes of detecting or preventing illegal activities. We may have other legitimate interests and if appropriate we will make clear to you at the relevant time what those legitimate interests are.
If you have questions about or need further information concerning the legal basis on which we collect and use your personal information, please contact us using the contact details provided under the “How to contact us” heading below.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
- to our group companies, third party services providers and partners who provide data processing services to us (for example, to support the delivery of, provide functionality on, or help to enhance the security of our site), or who otherwise process personal information for purposes that are described in this Privacy Notice or notified to you when we collect your personal information. We may disclose personal information to third party services providers and partners who provide data processing services to us (for example, for website visitors who subscribe to our blogs, our blog e-mail delivery provider.
- to any competent law enforcement body, regulatory, government agency, court or other third party where we believe disclosure is necessary (i) as a matter of applicable law or regulation, (ii) to exercise, establish or defend our legal rights, or (iii) to protect your vital interests or those of any other person;
- to an actual or potential buyer (and its agents and advisers) in connection with any actual or proposed purchase, merger or acquisition of any part of our business, provided that we inform the buyer it must use your personal information only for the purposes disclosed in this Privacy Notice;
- to any other person with your consent to the disclosure.
WHERE WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
The data that we collect from you may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the European Economic Area ("EEA"). It may also be processed by staff operating outside the EEA who work for us or for one of our suppliers (for example in places such as Spain, United States of America, Canada, Hong Kong, Singapore and the Philippines). Such staff may be engaged in, among other things, the fulfilment of any order, the processing of payment details and the provision of support services.
However, we have taken appropriate safeguards to require that your personal information will remain protected in accordance with this Privacy Notice. These measures include transferring your personal data to third parties who are located in a country which the European Commission has determined has data protection laws that are at least as protective as those in Europe, and transferring your personal data to third parties who have entered into standard contractual clauses with us. For more information about these safeguards please contact us using the contact details provided below.
We use appropriate technical and organisational measures to protect the personal information that we collect and process about you. The measures we use are designed to provide a level of security appropriate to the risk of processing your personal information.
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Specific measures we use include encrypting your personal information in transit and at rest and multi-factor authentication access control. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
We retain personal information we collect from you where we have an ongoing legitimate business need to do so (for example, to provide you with a service you have requested or to comply with applicable legal, tax or accounting requirements).
When we have no ongoing legitimate business need to process your personal information, we will either delete or anonymise it or, if this is not possible (for example, because your personal information has been stored in backup archives), then we will securely store your personal information and isolate it from any further processing until deletion is possible.
You have the following data protection rights:
- If you wish to access, correct, update or request deletion of your personal information, you can do so at any time by contacting us using the contact details provided under the “How to contact us” heading below.
- In addition, you can object to processing of your personal information, ask us to restrict processing of your personal information or request portability of your personal information. Again, you can exercise these rights by contacting us using the contact details provided under the “How to contact us” heading below.
- You have the right to opt-out of marketing communications we send you at any time. You can exercise this right by clicking on the “unsubscribe” or “opt-out” link in the marketing e-mails we send you. To opt-out of other forms of marketing (such as postal marketing or telemarketing), then please contact us using the contact details provided under the “How to contact us” heading below.
- Similarly, if we have collected and process your personal information with your consent, then you can withdraw your consent at any time. Withdrawing your consent will not affect the lawfulness of any processing we conducted prior to your withdrawal, nor will it affect processing of your personal information conducted in reliance on lawful processing grounds other than consent.
- You have the right to complain to a data protection authority about our collection and use of your personal information. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority.
We respond to all requests we receive from individuals wishing to exercise their data protection rights in accordance with applicable data protection laws.
CHANGES TO OUR PRIVACY NOTICE
Any changes we may make to our privacy notice in the future will be posted on this page and, where appropriate, notified to you by e-mail. We will obtain your consent to any material privacy notice changes if and where this is required by applicable data protection laws.
You can see when this Privacy Notice was last updated by checking the “last updated” date displayed at the top of this Privacy Notice.
If you have any questions or concerns about our use of your personal information, please contact us using the following details:
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org; or
Write to us at: 15 Bonhill Street, London, EC2A 4DN
Call us at: Tel: 0044 (0)20 7638 6700.
Last updated: 23 December 2021