The ITRS Quality Assurance department ensures the quality of the product before releasing it by executing functional and non-functional testing through different types of testing such as component, integration, system, regression, and performance.
This role is responsible in executing and improving required and necessary quality testing and checking to ensure the quality of the product before releasing it.
These are the expected outcomes of a person performing this role:
- Create, execute and maintain functional and regression tests on a multi-platform software application by:
- Providing effective test cases
- Identifying and setting up test environments/requirements on Unix, Windows and AIX servers.
- Build, execute and maintain automated testing by:
- Helping in creating/maintaining CI jobs to automate automated test's execution and as part of building the Continuous Integration.
- Contribute to the ongoing improvement of the automated test system
- Contribute in Predictability by:
- Providing accurate estimates by working with the Test team and Development lead(s) during testing planning.
- Help collecting accurate Test Status/Progress Reports by making sure stories/tickets status, logged time-spent and comments have been updated accordingly.
- Learning to adopt to rapidly changing needs and priorities without losing sight of overall plans and priorities by focusing on the overall result goal and adhering to deadlines.
- Participate in agile development/testing activities (e.g. daily stand-ups, iteration/sprint planning, dev demo & test case planning, iteration/sprint retrospectives, etc) by understanding and practicing agile methodologies and techniques.
- Collaborate and work with cross-functional and cross-cultural teams across the globe.
- Contribute in Quality by:
- Help collecting Quality Metrics by reporting and tracking defects in the issue tracking system.
- Proactively identifying and addressing quality issues by liaising with developers as well as key users such as Support team members and demonstrating strong analytical capabilities.
- Help continuous improvement by participating in the processes and procedures improvements, and quality initiatives, and in developing effective solutions/recommendations
- Provide Leadership by:
- Showing initiative by acting without being asked or told.
- Understanding most important aspects of department goals.
- Influencing most people within the team.
- Listening to other people and provide appropriate feedback. Knowing when to demonstrate assertiveness, when necessary.
- Contribute to Productivity & Delivery by:
- Having awareness on team level.
- Ability to plan and prioritize own tasks. Balancing quality of work and meeting deadlines.
At the heart of our company are our innate, shared values that underpin everything we do. We would require the successful post-holder to live the values which will ensure our cultures remains a healthy one. To be successful we would be looking for the following experience, skills and behaviours:
- At least 4 years’ professional experience within a software quality assurance, development, or related area
- Fluent in written and spoken English
- Direct experience in at least 3 of the following skills or disciplines:
- Experience in script development (e.g. Groovy, Python, Bash)
- Experience in operating systems such as Linux, Windows, and AIX. Including ability to write Unix shell scripts.
- Experience in software development, preferably using Agile development/testing techniques
- Experience in Continuous Integration tools such as Jenkins/Hudson, Bamboo, etc.
- Experience in cloud-based environments (AWS, Azure)
- Experience in databases (any)
- Possesses strong functional and technical skills with a demonstrated ability to comprehend complex software requirements.
- Knowledge in the following is a PLUS: Test automation, Docker, Ansible, Git, TestRail, Groovy, C, C++, Java, Jenkins, AWS, Azure, Confluence, JIRA
ITRS Group’s technology establishes and maintains operational resilience for businesses operating in demanding environments where technology failure means business failure. By transforming the mass of raw data into meaningful information, ITRS helps enterprises run their IT estates intelligently, prevent outages and maximise efficiency. With over 20 years’ experience serving enterprise clients across industry markets, 800 clients worldwide rely on ITRS for their estate monitoring, capacity planning, IT analytics and load testing. We are a successful business full of opportunities.
Our People set us apart and our technology leads the way. A career with us means that you will part of a fast-growing, strong and dynamic company. Every member of staff across the business takes pride in what they do, and we recognise their skills, dedication and loyalty; our people are our biggest asset and it’s what makes our wonderful business tick.