Uptrends is a monitoring platform for companies of all sizes. We build innovative software that helps our customers stay on top of their entire online presence.
We are an international team with employees and customers worldwide with offices in the United States, the Netherlands, Germany, and France. Approximately 50 people work at Uptrends. Recently we became part of the ITRS Group, which has a team of about 280 people.
What will you be doing as a Technical Support Engineer at Uptrends?
In your daily tasks as a Technical Support Engineer, you’re the link between Uptrends and its customers. You’ll answer tickets, chats, and phone calls with questions regarding the product independently. This involves researching and analyzing webpages, SSL certificates, TCP connections, and reporting problems. You’ll help customers finding the right configuration for their monitoring and alerting. You’ll check and correct, if necessary, scripts for our more complicated monitoring setups. Aside from that, you can always participate in test programs or Sales support.
The Support team also performs several operational tasks. Uptrends Support doesn’t do work in datacenters or with physical servers; everything is available remotely from your laptop. We perform remote monitoring and maintenance of our international monitor networks: the server hardware and software on each of our 229 worldwide checkpoint locations. As a Technical Support Engineer, you’ll have a part in keeping these servers up and running. You’ll also give functional and operational support for our Uptrends Infra product. Knowledge of Windows and Linux servers will help in finding the right configuration.
What makes this job interesting?
As a Technical Support Engineer with Uptrends, you’ll have the opportunity to:
- Work independently in a flexible environment.
- Perform thorough research and analysis of complicated problems.
- Learn and develop yourself professionally and move to a senior or specialist position. Examples might include positions such as Customer Product Specialist, Support Consultant Web Monitoring, or Support Consultant API monitoring.
- Take on and perform many tasks outside of the regular support work.
- Hybrid working with weekly office visit.
Who is our ideal candidate?
- You’re a customer-oriented ICT professional looking for an informal working environment in which to learn new things and contribute to the team.
- You’re enterprising and proactive. This function requires a lot of deliberation with team members to get the right answer to the customer as quickly as possible.
- Bachelor’s degree, or working at HBO level
- Experience in working directly with customers.
- A good command of the Dutch and English language.
- Experience with Fiddler, Wireshark, and Postman.
- Experience working with XML and JSON.
- Experience with Windows and Linux servers.
- Good command of German, or French.
ITRS Group is an Equal Opportunity employer and Inclusion is part of our everyday life. We celebrate diversity and pride ourselves on providing an environment where all employees can be their authentic selves and have a voice, enabling everyone to contribute equally. We remain committed to embedding inclusion, diversity, and equality into our ITRS family as we grow and enrich our business.
We welcome applications from everyone in the community as we recognise that a diverse workforce is a stronger workforce.