ITRS Group is looking for a full-time Senior Technical Support Engineer to join our inclusive and collaborative team in London. This is a full-time position that comes with a favourable salary and a positive workplace culture.
In this Client Services Support role, you will provide front-line support via email, online chat, phone, and face-to-face meetings – helping ITRS Group clients create, deploy and maintain an effective monitoring platform, advising them on configuration and best practice.
If you were already working in this Technical Support Engineer position, here are some of the areas you would have been working in this week:
- Providing a quality help desk function back to the business by ensuring the clients' queries are responded to quickly
- Owning the resolution of client L1, L2 and L3 queries by taking client incident and change request tickets within the agreed first response timescales
- Building long term relationships with clients and partners getting to understand their environments, projects, and own personal measures of success
- Contributing to the client-facing knowledge base by creating self-help material
- Collaborating with the global Client Service team
Essential skills and attributes to succeed in this role include:
- Four years of professional experience in application support and Unix/Linux System administration
- Experience using Nagios or a similar codebase monitoring tool.
Any experience in the following would be advantageous
· Hands-on experience with industry standard monitoring platforms.
· Scripting (Bash, Perl, Python, PHP or Powershell) experience for automating tasks.
· Practitioner level knowledge of one or more databases e.g. MySQL, Oracle, MS SQL, Sybase, Postgres and an understanding of T-SQL.
· Working with Open Source software, Elastic Stack (ELK), VMware.
· Containerisation and Orchestration (Docker, Kubernetes, OpenShift)
· Cloud Infrastructure Services (AWS, Google Cloud, Microsoft Azure)
If this Senior Technical Support Engineer job in London sounds like the right fit for you, then please contact ITRS today.